Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book Box Solution

Do you use book boxes to hold the books students are currently reading?  When I first decided I wanted to use book boxes, I found some nice plastic ones at Target for $3 each.  My idea was that I could use them for a few years.  It added up to get 30 of them!

Here is a MUCH cheaper solution!  I took a trip to IKEA, and found these cardboard boxes.  They came 5 to a set, for $2.  Let me just lay that out for you...

30 plastic book bins x $3 each = $90

30 cardboard book bins (6 sets) x $2 per set = $12

Yeah, I think I made a better choice.  :)  If you don't live near an IKEA, don't fear!  You can buy them online here!


They were super easy to put together!  Literally, about 15 seconds assembly for each box.


During the first week of school, I am going to have my students decorate them.  Then, at the end of the year, they can take them home!


Do you use book boxes?  Where do you get yours? Do you use them with Daily 5?  I am excited to try Daily 5 this year!

Until next time,
-Miss Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...